Confession, I’ve been eating these protein pancakes nearly every day for the last couple of weeks. Honestly they are just soo good, they feel like like a naughty indulgent treat for breakfast. Dripping in sweet syrup, morish peanut butter and topped with delectable berries, it’s shocking that you can eat this delicious pancake stack as part as a balanced diet but you totally can!
This pancake stack has around 30g grams of protein which makes it so perfect for pre or post workout breakfast. You can bump up the protein by topping them with greek yoghurt or nut butter. I like top mine with a mixed Peanut Butter Powder (like PB2, I get mine from MyProtein), sugar-free syrup (there are a few on the market but I like the Butterscotch Sugar Free Syrup from MyProtein a swell) and berries (I love fresh or frozen blueberries and strawberries) .
These protein pancakes are so quick and easy to whip up; literally whisk up the all the wet ingredient and then add in all the dry and fry in a pan until they a pillowy soft and golden brown. Honestly I feel like nearly anyone can master and enjoy this recipe so give it a try!
- 1 egg
- 80ml milk of choice
- 1 tbsp yoghurt
- 1 tbsp sweetener of choice
- 75g plain flour
- ½ scoop plain/vanilla protein powder about 15g
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon and/or vanilla essence optional
- cooking oil spray
- toppings: syrup, fruit, nut butter etc
- In a bowl or measuring jug, whisk together the egg, milk, yoghurt and sweetener.
- Add the dry ingredient to the mixture: flour, protein powder, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Mix until the you have a smooth batter.
- Heat a non-stick pan on a medium heat. Add few spray cooking oil to the pan
- Pour in a third of the batter in the pan. Cook the bottom until it becomes a light golden brown colour. You'll know when to flip the pancake as bubbles will appear and the edges will become slightly crisp.
- Flip the pancake to cook the other side. Remove the pancake from the pan when the other side is golden brown. Repeat with the rest of the pancake batter.
- Top with your choice of toppings
Serving Size:3-4 Pancakes
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 468Total Fat: 10.2gCarbohydrates: 68.8gProtein: 34.4g